I have been around Twitter for a good while now, and get so much from it. I’m a bit fussy about who I follow, though, and still follow less than fifty people. I add a few, then bump a few off the list. Here’s what I need from my fellow Tweeters:
- Value – lead me to something new, surprising, intriguing. Not same shit, different day.
- Let me know who you are, show me that you’re real. I will love your humor and appreciate it if you share something personal every now and then.
- But please, not a stream of daily trivia – unless it has a point. I don’t need to know your every move, or which hand you use to wipe your ass.
- If I add value, I would love to know. Surprise me by retweeting, or replying. Make like Arnie, ‘n’ make my day!
- Please don’t use it as a broadcasting channel – a constant stream of infomercials about you and what you’re saying, doing, being. Yawn. Unless you are THAT good. And you might be. 🙂
- Keeping it positive, constructive, helpful and kind is good. Although when they deserve it, I guess they should get it. Either way.
- Remember that the Library of Congress is keeping your tweets for posterity, and you are what you tweet! Write your epitaph now, and tweet accordingly.